Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 1995 15:18:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "John R. Annett" <annettj@lati.tec.sd.us>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Missing Operating System

I am trying to install freebsd on a compaq Prolinea 4/33s with a seagate
st3391a drive the install seems to go well until I get to the point to
have the system boot from the hard drive in order to go to step 3 to
install the cpio files. At the reboot I get the message Missing operating
system.  Is there a way to copy the kernel to the hard drive manually?
Or is it possible that the st3391a drive is not compatible with FreeBSD?
Any help that I could get would be greatly appreciated as my current
machine storage is full and I need to get this one up before I take my
older Gateway 386/16 off line.
TIA

		John R. Annett, Data Processing Instructor,
		Lake Area Technical Institute
		230 11th St. NE
		Watertown,SD 57201
		Work (605)886-5872 ext 235 or (800)657-4344 ext 235
		FAX (605)886-2824
		Home (605)886-3924

		"Training for the Future"