Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:41:30 -0400
From:      "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@forumone.com>
To:        <tcobb@staff.circle.net>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Panic in latest 3.2-Stable

Pull the new RAM and see if you still have the problem.  If not, its your RAM.
If so, leave the RAM in, swap out the CPU and try again (not sure why the CPU
would cause this, but in the interest of being thorough...).  If none of these
works, put the machine back to its original HW config (RAM and CPU) and try yet
again.  My guess is you'll find the source of your problem within these steps.

You may also want to check/undo any BIOS setting changes you might have made...

Are you overclocking?  Don't...

Another thing to consider:

- Some motherboards can't hack 1gb of ram regardless of their specs.  I'm not
sure if the Supermicro P6SBU is one of these, but I can tell you I've had
big problems with a supermicro board (P6SKE) in the past which I couldn't fix
until I dumped it for an Aopen (AX6B - highly recommended).

For this reason, your new RAM may not necessarily be bad even if pulling it gets
it working again...  In fact, if it does get it working, I'd try switching the
old 512mb for the new as a final test to see if the RAM is suspect or not.

Process of elimination.