Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:27:15 -0400
From:      Timothy Luoma <luomat@peak.org>
To:        Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq 2170US laptops...

I don't have experience with this exact laptop, but we bought a Toshiba
 from Office Depot for about the same price and it has been nothing but
trouble.

It came with XP on it and I had thought to put FBSD on it but someone else
here said that they have had problems even with FBSD on it.

All of which is to say that you often get what you pay for... if I had it
to do over again I would have spent a bit more and gotten her a Dell or
<insert your favorite laptop maker here>.

IMO/FWIW/YMMV/IAOOA

TjL