Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 02:48:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        plm@xs4all.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No BSD Communicator 4.0?

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>>> On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:07:40 -0600, dubois@primate.wisc.edu (Paul
>>> DuBois) said:

>    PD> I've noticed that the -bsd2 version slowly increases its
>    PD> process size (as indicated by "top") even with it's just
>    PD> sitting there iconified, eventually dying with "can't malloc".
>    PD> Anyone else see this?

>What is the difference between the -bsd and the -bsd2 version?

I believe bsd version is BSDI 1.x while bsd2 is BSDI 2.x .  Just FYI,
I didn't look at my -bsd version's top, but it exhibits memory
consuming behavior (e.g. it gets much much slower due to swapping as
it gets older and I do my usual job of opening 6 windows at once).
--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/