Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:30:00 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jakub Rajman <jakub.rajman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Example of simple filesystem

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 08:44:32PM +0100, Jakub Rajman wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I am going to write my own simple file system and run it under the
> FreeBSD OS. I'm looking for some inspiration in existing file systems
> (UFS2, msdosfs,...), but they are too complex and complikated.
> So I would like to ask, if exists some simple "experimental"
> filesystems? Some workable (and mountable) examples with their source
> codes.

MSDOSFS is probably the easiest example of read-write general-purpose
file system. If you want to start with something easier, you can take a
look at cd9660 file system, which is read-only.

Be prepared that file systems aren't easy, especially because VFS layer
is very complex.

Good luck:)

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org