Date:      Sun, 4 Dec 2011 12:16:43 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        Sergio Tam <tam.sergio@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Major version changes using portupgrade?

<----------------pay attention here
>> *** Error code 1
>=20
>=20
> postgresql-client-8.4.8
>=20
> make deinstall

That's the ports makefiles talking, isn't it?  In order to do that =
deinstall I need to also remove all of the things that depend on it... =
portupgrade is supposed to help me do the in-place upgrade without =
removing everything else first.

Even if I forced the deinstall without letting the dependencies get in =
the way, wouldn't that break the dependency registration (+REQUIRED_BY) =
for all of those packages in the future?