Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:42:52 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        patl@phoenix.volant.org
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cause of NetBIOS-NS requests from outside

In message <ML-3.3.909633943.1367.patl@asimov> patl@phoenix.volant.org writes:
: If it's doing a broadcast, why is the destination address the IP
: address of my server instead of one of the broadcast addresses
: for my network?  Or is this Micro$oft's definition of 'broadcast'?

Likely a badly configured client :-(.  We get lots of traffic to
204.144.255.255 from various people because of this MS misfeature.

Warner