Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 12:11:40 -0400
From:      "Pitcairn, Duncan" <DuncanP@Cairnwood.com>
To:        "'dhcp-client@fugue.com'" <dhcp-client@fugue.com>, "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dhclient-script errors, FreeBSD and netBSD

The dhclient-script files for FreeBSD and NetBSD contained in
dhcp-2_0b1pl0_tar.gz gave me two errors when dhclient could not find a
dhcp server.

The first error states line 175 expecting fi. I added an fi one line
above the exit 0 (the last line in the script) and this solved the
problem.

The second error states that -w is not an option for ping. I removed the
-w 1 in the ping command and this solved the problem. I do not know what
the -w was for, maybe it is trying to do what a -i does (wait) in which
case the value of 1 is the default in FreeBSD.

Regards,

Duncan Pitcairn

CCC Alliance, Cairnwood Cooperative
Southampton, Pennsylvania