Date:      Fri, 02 Dec 2016 18:23:17 +0100
From:      Daniel Genis <daniel@byte.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any chance that r299900 can be merged to releng-10.3 from stable-10 ?

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering is there any chance for r299900 (git commit hash
d99ba5cdb) to be merged to releng-10.3 ?
That error can cause our BSD fileservers to enter a panic and reboot.
We're running that exact commit hash
on a few servers, and it's been running good for us!

We would love to have that fix and FreeBSD-EN-16:17.vm in our kernel,
but the above patch is in 10-stable only.

What's our best solution?

Should we cherry-pick the patch into releng-10.3 and basically roll our
own kernel?

In general we're a bit puzzled about which commits make it from
10-stable into releng-10.3,
it seams like there are alot of bugfixes inside 10-stable which are not
exposed to all those
who are not running/compiling their own kernels.

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated! :-)

With kind regards,

Daniel