Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:33:44 -0800
From:      Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
To:        Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: entropy

On Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003, at 22:46 US/Pacific, Wilkinson,Alex wrote:

> Can someone recommend to me where I can read up on
> entropy.
>
> ie what it is ? Why we have it ? etc etc
>
>  - aW

Entropy is a tendency towards disorder in the universe, exemplified by
things LIKE SOME FREAKIN' CLUELESS GIT POSTING A TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC
SCIENCE MESSAGE TO A COMPUTER OS LIST!!!

Did you actually have to MOVE your browser from in front of the mail
program to AVOID searching for this on the web?!?

KeS

OB-FreeBSD:
/usr/ports/math/entropy
"Entropy is a program that will calculate the entropy of a given set
of data. This program is mainly used to benchmark the efficiency
of existing or developing compression algorithms."