Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:17:07 -0700
From:      Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
To:        Uldis Kuplis <uldisk@hipo.lv>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail

Uldis Kuplis wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How can I denied to relay spams?
> My users dialing to e-mail server and therefore they has undeterminated
> IP adresses. I can't use /etc/mail/access
> How can I set up my BSD box to relay all adreses where
> "FROM:"  is any@ my.domain.com ?

You can use the hosts.allow and restrict access to the range of IP
addresses that your dialup users are assingned. For example, if your
users are assigned addresses from the 192.168.1 class C, then you allow
access from any IP in that class c and deny it from everywhere else.

You definitely do NOT want to do base relay on the From: field. That is
too easy to spoof. (If you want to know how, let me know and I'll send
you instructions.) If you don't believe me, take a look at the spam you
recieve and see how much of it claims to come from Yahoo when it
actually comes from UU.net.

--
Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Webmaster