Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:40:07 +0000
From:      Martin Tournoy <carpetsmoker@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Camp <steve@camp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forum software / hosting

> 1)  Which forum software runs on FreeBSD?

The Operating system doesn't matter, for most forums the webserver
(apache, caudium etc.) needs to have certain modules loaded (php, asp,
etc.) and/or a database server(mysql, bdb, etc.).
Check the program's site to see what is needed, php and mysql are the
most popular at the moment...

> 3)  Is anyone familiar with web forum software?  Can you point me to
>     any of:

I personly like phpBB, it's been in development for quite some time
and has quite a bit of features and good support.ls/