Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:14:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        dk@genesyslab.com (Dmitry Kohmanyuk)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gus ISA pnp, 2.2-STABLE - doesn't work

> I have installed GUS PnP (ISA) in my workstation.
> I am running 2.2-STABLE (make world past 2.2.2-RELEASE).
>
> I cannot get neither playback nor recording to work.

[ ... dmesg output ... ]

> the last 2 messages are when I type `cat /bin/sh > /dev/audio' and
> `cat < /dev/audio', respectively.
>
> I have 2 Mb installed in it (2 1M SIMMs, 60ns).
>
> I have started DOS program from floppy disk and it shows me menu with
> options to disable and enable, all is enabled except ATAPI interface.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Is there any GUS PnP support in 2.2 at all?

	Well, the latest code isn't in 2.2 or -current.  Amancio Hasty has
a beta version of his sound driver that works quite well with my GUS PnP
Pro.

The URL is:

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp12.tar.gz

	Download that file, and replace /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound with
the sound directory from that tarball.  Your config line for your GUS
should look like this:

device          gus0 at isa? vector gusintr

	The driver is generally only built and tested under 3.0-current,
but some folks have reported success using it under 2.2-STABLE.  In any
case, my guess is that if it doesn't compile or work under 2.2, it shouldn't
be too hard to get it working..

	You probably also will want to subscribe to the FreeBSD-multimedia
list.  (send mail to majordomo@freebsd.org with 'subscribe
freebsd-multimedia' in the body of the message)  Most of the people working
on and using the sound driver are on that list.

Hope this helps,

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry