Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:41:33 GMT
From:      Mike Hogye <hogye@virginia.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-release docs?

I'm a FreeBSD newbie, trying to get my sound card to work (an old PnP=20
SB16). I've found plenty of documentation on the web for such an=20
undertaking, but it's none of it's written for the 4.0 release, and=20
the kernel configuration seems to be significantly different (kernel=20
config in 4.0 doesn't seem to recognize "controller," for instance).=20
Is there a place out there that has good info that's applicable to=20
4.0?

(And thanks to those of you who pointed out the other day that I was=20
forgetting "make depend." I saw that the output message from config=20
said, "Don't forget to 'make depend,'" and I thought, "Do they think=20
I'm an idiot? Of course I'm not going to forget to 'make depend.'" And=20
then I promptly forgot. Oh well. Live and learn.)