Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:30:24 +0100
From:      "Lal Manavado" <lma@it.norad.no>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Free-BSD FOR blind users!

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C064E7.52537CC0

Gentlemen,

I am bklind, and have just installed Free-BSD on my pc. I would rather =
use it as my primary op. To get it installed, my wife  provided the =
'eyes'.

I do not know of any other user of BSD in these parts. In fact, nearly =
everyone here, seem to depend on ms products.

I know of the 'Blinux' project, but unfortunately their software is =
designed to be used with  Linux, and as such not very reliable on a real =
Unix system.

I would be very greatful if you could give me some pointers on who might =
be able to help me to get a suitable driver, so that I could get my =
Braille display to work with Free-BSD.

Thanks very much.

Best wishes!

Lal Manavado.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C064E7.52537CC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gentlemen,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am bklind, and have just installed =
Free-BSD on my=20
pc. I would rather use it as my primary op. To get it installed, my =
wife&nbsp;=20
provided the 'eyes'.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I do not know of any other user of BSD =
in these=20
parts. In fact, nearly everyone here, seem to depend on ms=20
products.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I know of the 'Blinux' project, but =
unfortunately=20
their software is designed to be used with&nbsp; Linux, and as such not =
very=20
reliable on a real Unix system.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would be very greatful if you could =
give me some=20
pointers on who might be able to help me to get a suitable driver, so =
that I=20
could get my Braille display to work with Free-BSD.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks very much.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best wishes!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lal Manavado.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C064E7.52537CC0--