Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:00:18 -0500
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.0-S 3/31 KERNEL causes reboot on startup

Hmm... you may want to check the gzipped, archived messages. Also you should
probably turn on full debugging in your new kernel. I think it's:
makeoptions	"-g -DDEBUG" or something like that. You should also check
/etc/make.conf to see what your CCOPTFLAGS is set to. I have had kernels that
simply reboot the system when used with -O2 or -O3, I find that -O works fine.

--cokane

C J Michaels had the audacity to say: