Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:18:02 +0200
From:      "Christopher Martin at Home" <psycho@keyworld.net>
To:        "Paul Stewart" <paul@kawartha.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tracking machine bandwidth

You could either get the customer to install snmpd on their interface.

Alternatively, get hold of an intelligent switching hub and map mrtg to
read snmp info from the hub ports instead.

It is the way we work here in Malta...

No universal solution is totally free. From the sound of it however, I
think you need to invest in some scaleable stackable switch product which
will allow a large number of hosts to use your underutilized bandwidth...
and charge per usage via the reporting of your mrtgrapher...

:-)

--
Christopher Martin
BDM -KeyWORLD http://www.keyworld.net