Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:24:12 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        <ia64@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Woohoo!

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Peter Wemm wrote:

> > > Do you have a matching libgcc.a from your toolchain?  You never updated the
> > > one in ~dfr on freefall.  I stole the libgcc.a from redhat 7.1 to fill the
> > > void.
> >
> > I stubbed out libgcc.a ages ago and haven't needed anything from it yet.
>
> I couldn't even compile bin/sh without it..  There were undefined
> divide functions..
>
> > > What do you use for __flt_rounds() (#define FLT_ROUNDS __flt_rounds()
> > > in <ia64/include/float.h>)?  I cheated there too.
> >
> > I haven't needed this yet either.
>
> strtod() wanted it, as called by bin/sh.

Odd. I wonder where I'm getting these from - I have no trouble building
things with the toolchain which I uploaded today.

> > > I was about to embark on a userland build and do some research into what
> > > it will take to add ia64 bits to ld-elf.so.1 and the associated crt* files.
> > > On the other hand, maybe keeping it all static is an idea for now.
> >
> > Static is probably fine for now. I've been building bits and pieces as I
> > need them. I'm still having problems getting the sodding disklabel to
> > stick. I hate that code - the label write protection is stopping me from
> > writing the label and 'disklabel -W' doesn't bloody work.
>
> Heh.  I used mdconfig to create a pre-labelled disk image, and scp'ed that
> to the linux box and dd'ed it to the second scsi drive I added to the box.

I think I managed it this time. Hexdump could see it anyway. Lets see if
its still there after rebooting...

> ethernet is really unhappy.  I tried ifconfig'ing up the fxp and got some
> good mess on the wire.  When it tried to ping something, the other
> host saw this.. Note the extra bytes.. it looks like it would be roughly
> correct if the "0900 0000" got removed.

Problems with ntohl etc. I've committed a fix.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Phone: +44 20 8348 6160