Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:26:24 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map@iphil.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Monitoring the cause of Reboots

Personally, I don't feel safe with this setting anything under 16,384 on a
T1 link, and 32,768 or greater on 10Mbit+ - Denial of service attacks can
cause these to be eaten VERY rapidly, the more bandwidth you have, the
more it eats away.

Since I don't want a machien panicing during a dos attack on top of all
the other lovely problems, I set this very very high. Perhaps I'm giving
it overkill, but I've never had a machine panic from it again, so I'm
happy with the result.

Matt
--
Matt Heckaman [matt@arpa.mail.net|matt@relic.net] [Please do not send me]