Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 21:44:21 -0500
From:      walkepat <walkepat@seti.tec.sd.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   printing from a freebsd system over a network to a laser printer

I am trying to print from a freebsd system over a network to a laser
printer.  I got the information to print to the printer but it is not in
the right format.  I have read some stuff about filters and some of the
stuff I have read makes me think that there is just software to load on
the printer, but if thats not the case I think I have to add some
filters, I am not sure how to do that.  The printer is a hp 5m.  If I
have to run a filter do I have to right a program for it or just add
something to my printcap file?