Date:      Tue, 05 Apr 2016 18:37:32 -0400
From:      Stari Karp <starikarp@yandex.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   console resolution on FreeBSD 10.3

Hi!

Yesterday I upgrade FreeBSD 10.2 with freebsd-update to 10.3. In
/boot/loader.conf I have/had
kern.vty=vt
loader_logo="beastie"
sbp_load="YES"
cuse4bsd_load="YES"

I boot computer in console and than I use "startx" to load GNOME or
Fluxbox where I have resolution 2560x1440 (16:9).
When I switch from GNOME to console (ctrl-alt-F?) I got resolution much
smaler. I think is 1200x??? but before on FreeBSD 10.2 resolution was
the same I just used different fonts. Is it now something different,
please? Should I put resolution in /boot/loader.conf or use vt_efib or
vt_vga?

Thank you.