Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 13:54:26 -0600
From:      Philip Rust <prust@post.smu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   floppy drive on alpha

Hi, I am new to this mailing list and FBSD, but not new Unix, and am having
problems installing FBSD
from my floppy drive. I have a DEC AlphaStation 200 and am trying to
install 19990206-SNAP. I am able to create the boot floppies just find and
the machine boots fine, but when I go to choose the media type and select
floppies, I get an error message that tells me the floppy drive is not
found. Also, I checked the Hardware doc and made sure that the hardware
settings are correct. does anyone have any ideas? the command i use to
boot from the SRM is >>>boot dva0 if that helps. I would greatly
appreciate any help at all. thanks
-Philip