Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:58:17 +0200
From:      bernd_muc@gmx.de
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA slots on Multia

Hello,

I have installed FreeBSD-current on my Multia and all works fine - except
the PCMCIA slots (which actually is the reason why I installed it).

These are the messages I get when I insert a card (I've tried a Orinoco
WaveLAN and a 3com ethernet card):

   pccard: card inserted, slot 0
   pccardd[121]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

pccardc dumpcis results in

   multia# pccardc dumpcis
   Read return -1 bytes (expected 2)
   pccardc: CIS code read: Bad address
   Read return -1 bytes (expected 10)
   Configuration data for card in slot 0
   2 slots found

Obviously, my Multia knows that there is a card but cannot read its
information. Which arguments do I need to hand to pccardd so that it knows
where to look?

My configuration looks like this:

   device          pcic
   device          card