Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 1997 01:11:34 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, mpp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: grp.h

>Shouldn't the declaration in grp.h read:
>
>    gid_t   gr_gid;
>
>instead of:
>
>    int     gr_gid;
>
>like it currently does?

It should at least have the same type.  Avoiding grp_t has the advantage
that <grp.h> need not depend on <sys/types.h>.  However, <grp.h> already
uses gid_t elsewhere.

This has been on my list of things to fix for several years.  I haven't
had time to check for dependenices on sign extension bugs.

>It also looks like pwd.h also declares the uid and gid as ints
>instead of using the typedefs.

Similarly, except <pwd.h> already pollutes the namespace by including
<sys/types.h>.

Bruce