Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:35:19 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        support@ConnectCom.net
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fixed error from SCSI BIOS

This is a 'JFYI' in case someone has a similar problem..

I have an Advansys 3940UW adapter card and when it boots, I got an error
"Error: Init error 0x2". This happens when it probes for devices.

I am running it on a Epox 8KTA2 motherboard (KT133 chipset) and a Athlon 1Ghz.

This is running on FreeBSD 4.2.
There is a Sony AIT SDX-300C UW tape drive connected to the external UW connector
and a Sony CRX145S CD writer connect to the internal 50 pin Ultra connector.

Both the SCSI and CDROM drives have termination.

I found that it worked a whole bunch better when I turned termination off..

Now to find out why I get "panic: resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy" when

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum