Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 00:53:04 -0400
From:      dean@av8.com (Dean Anderson)
To:        "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>, ben@narcissus.ml.org
Cc:        alec@d2si.com, dean@oec.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, pantzer@ludd.luth.se
Subject:   Re: FTP site

>Given a series of messages like those from dean@aV8.com, should I
>use rand or rand48 to calculate the probability that anyone reading
>the FreeBSD lists that were addressed would

Given the smarmy, arrogant messages I have received from from some from the
freebsd site, it is clear that the ugly problems that arose during the
closing of the CSRG are still alive and strong with the freebsd crowd. No
wonder everyone is running linux.  I'm going to run bsdi instead.  Its
doesn't appear that those on this list have the world view necessary to
write OS code anyway.

>  1) call upon his company to "make technology fly!" or

Your problems aren't really technical.

>  2) consider the LPF in the same way they did before.

What does that have to do with anything?  Am I supposed to "feel bad"?  I
don't. If you want to change your position on software patents and user
interface copyright because you don't like me, thats too bad, But you have
already demonstrated that you make emotional decisions instead of rational
decisions, and that you can't take criticism.  Most likely a low self
image.   See a shrink.

Dean Anderson            dean@aV8.com |                       dean@lpf.org
We make technology fly! See us for    | Stop Software Patents before they
Networking, Firewalls, WWW and more.  | stop you! Contact me for more info
Check out http://www.av8.com for info | or send mail to lpf@lpf.org
President                             | President
Plain Aviation,Inc                    | League for Programming Freedom