Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:57:42 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding standalone RSA code

Mark Murray wrote:
> 240k is not a big binary, and it sounds like your applet is one that
> may get heavy use.

Unless you have a different definition of "heavy use" than me, no.  I
don't intend to replace openssl; I want some code for occasional high
security purposes -- like verifying the integrity of binary security
patches.

 > Is size really a concern?

No.  The size is a side-effect of having a minimal, highly secure,
library, and was not a design consideration.

Colin Percival