Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:29:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>
To:        David@SkytrackerCanada.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how can I create a web database with search capability?

Try PHP Essentials, which provides a good intro to the PHP + MySQL combo
so common in the industry. Of course, MySQL has some weaknesses in the
transaction area, so you might also consider PostgreSQL, which is slower
but more capable (except for that 8k/row limit). For MySQL information,
you can't top the New Riders MySQL book (no, not even the O'Reilly book is
as good) and PostgreSQL has reasonably good docs on its website, including
the "official" book in progress, to be published by Addison Wesley I
think.
-J

John Goodleaf
goodleaf@goodleaf.net