Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:54:53 -0700
From:      Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com>
To:        Matt LaPlante <laplante@cat.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cleaning Out Ports?

If you try to remove a package that has child dependencies, then it'll
let you know.  You'll have to use the -f flag to force it to delete
the package, despite there being any dependencies.  If you want to
delete a package along with all its dependencies, you can use the -r
flag.

Use pkgdb -F to fix any dependencies that might be broken.

I think that's about right.  I'm a FreeBSD newbie :)