Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   how should high score files for games be recorded in pkgs?

Hey all,

i am working on porting a game and I have a few questions.

1.  Where should a high score file be stored?  /var/games ?
/usr/local/share/<gamename> ?

2.  How should a high score file should be listed (if at all) in
pkg-plist?

3.  is it ok if such a file is world-writable, or would this be considered
to constitute an unreasonable security risk, and the game be sgid games or
some such?  Or is that the unreasonable security risk?

I'm not subscribed to ports, so please cc me with mail.

Thanks,

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/