Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:40:32 +0200
From:      John Oxley <oxo@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   : Re: Using portsupgrade with make arguments

I apologise that I have lost the In-Reply-To: Field, but here is my question.

 On Tue 2004-04-20 (21:23), dev@eth0.ch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to get it clear for me: If I upgrade a port that has been
> originally
> installed with additional make arguments I must include them again. Is
> the
> following correct?
>
> Original installation:
> # make arg_1=val_1 arg_2=arg_2 install clean
>
> Upgrading port using portupgrade:
> # portupgrade -R -m "arg_1=val_1 arg_2=arg_2" port
 [snip]

 on this note, if I change /etc/make.conf to
 .if ${.CURDIR} == "/usr/ports/my/port"
 arg_1=val_1
 arg_2=val_2
 .endif

 cd /usr/ports/my/port
 make install clean

 then later, I portupgrade that port, will portupgrade use the options from
 /etc/make.conf

 -Ox

 --
 /~\ The ASCII           ASCII stupid question, get a EBCDIC ANSI.
 \ / Ribbon Campaign     John Oxley