Date:      Fri, 14 May 2010 19:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very simple file sharing between FreeBSD server and

I've watched this thread for several days now and to put in my 2 cents:
=A0
1. Samba is not that complicated. I've been using it for years and can have=
 it up and configured in a matter of minutes.
=A0
2. Samba quickly allows you to see your FreeBSD servers from your windows c=
lients just like it was a Windows Server. A simple smb.conf file is all you=
 need.
=A0
3. You can get a lot more complex setup with Samba with security, R/W optio=
ns etc... but for what you're descibing I'd recommend Samba or use a graphi=
cal FTP client on your Windows clients to access your FreeBSD server. Comma=
nd line FTP is an option but it's a lot more complicated than just setting =
up Samba.
=A0
Good luck.
=A0=0A=0A=0A