Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:16:03 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@olinet.isf.kiev.ua>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with the setup script for StarOffice 3.1

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reponse.

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Mike Smith wrote:

> Did you get the "User Install required..." message when you tried to
> start Starwriter?  Please quote the exact messages you saw; I expect it
> would have been:
>
> User Install required before swriter3 can be run, please wait...
> <some error relating to setup failing>
> Can't find initialisation script ~/.sd.sh, User Install must be
> completed before swriter3 can be run.

Ok, here is what I get.  I now see that it is the setup program which is
the problem.

 bob% swriter3
 User Install required before swriter3 can be run, please wait...
 Segmentation fault - core dumped
 Can't find initialisation script /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh, User Install must
 be completed before swriter3 can be run.

In my home directory, I wind up with a nice setup.core file.

I took a quick gander that their home page and looked at the information
on 3.1 (http://www.stardivision.com/staroffice/linux.html).  It requires a
486 and I am installing on a Thinkpad 220 (386 gack!).  That explains the
seg fault.

Thanks also to Valdimir for your response as well.

         |  Mark Andres      E-mail: mark@giganet.net  |
         |          100% Micro$oft Free!               |
         |     URL: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/     |