Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:27:43 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lucent Wavelan vs. wi-driver

Hi,

sorry for coming back to you that late. But I didn't have any
chance to work on the problem the last two days.

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 07:43:38PM -0700, Darryl Okahata wrote:
> Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de> wrote:
[ ... problems with vaio 505 and wi driver ... ]

>      I'd guess that the problem is related to the PCMCIA chipset used in
> the Vaio, as the bug report talks about a Vaio, too (although a
> different model).
Well, than I'll check, if they use the same PCMCIA chipset.

>      It probably won't help, but you could post a verbose dmesg,
As soon as I get my fingers on my notebook again (my partner grabbed
it right from my desk for using it on a local trade show :( ),
I'll dig a little deeper.

> as well as the bootup console messages (many of which are NOT
> placed into dmesg or /var/log/messages). Capturing the console
> messages can be tricky,
That should be solvable. I don't fear patching rc scripts ...

Thanks,
    Andreas

--
: Anti-Spam Petition:     http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/          :