Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:05:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tony Saign <tony@saign.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help, cannot install new kernel

----------1012327504

I have tried about 6 times now to install a kernel after cvsup my source without success :(

No errors reported during make buildworld
No errors reported during make buildkernel KERNCONF=test

Tried both current and stable branches, but fails with below error...

t20# cd /usr/src
t20# make installkernel KERNCONF=test
[snipped]
===> wi
install -c -o root -g wheel -m -555   if_wi.ko /boot/kernel
kldxref /boot/kernel
kldxref:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
t20#

Tried reinstalling 4.3 then cvsup, fails consistently @ same point.
Tried reinstalling 4.3 (different box) then cvsup, same failure.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,
-Tony