Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:43:49 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Darren Wiebe' <dkwiebe@heartland.ab.ca>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: How long should new ports take to appear?

Darren,
Are you asking...
1. How long does the new port submission to appear in the gnats database?
or...
2. How long does it take for a port to be committed to the ports collection?

If it's #1, it doesn't usually take that long.  When I submitted my port and
corrections to it, I got the confirmation e-mails in a fairly short period
of time.

If it's #2, that is totally relative.  You'll have to wait for some
benevolent committer, to see your submission, test it, and IF there are no
problems with it, to commit it.  This could take a day, it could take
months.  I think it depends on the priority of the submission and the
general level of interest in the given port.

When I submitted my port, it actually took a good month before someone was
able to look it over and commit it.

-Chris