Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:18:19 -0500
From:      Dong Lin <dong@research.bell-labs.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0 kernel can't print to console ???(was can't boot 5.0 diskless)

Hi, I am having trouble booting 5.0 diskless. My setup works for
booting 4.x perfectly. If I replace the the 5.0 image with a 4.7
diskless image, it works fine.

The 5.0 kernel crashes without printing a single char to the console.
But my NFS traces shows that the last file loaded via NFS before the
crash was lib.c.so.5. Other files include: sshd_config, inetd.conf,
rc.d/*, and the list goes very long.. This strongly suggests that it
has already booted successfully, but kernel printf has problems.

Has anyone had similar problems? diskless or not.

Thanks,

Dong Lin

-----
diff between my disk and diskless configs:

68a69,76