Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:59:18 +0200 (EET)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
To:        rooneg@electricjellyfish.net (Garrett Rooney)
Cc:        sobomax@freebsd.org (Maxim Sobolev), ports@freebsd.org, jhk@freebsd.org, gad@freebsd.org, reg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] which package functionality for pkg_info

> comments welcome as always.

This time only cosmetics, more comprehensive review I'll try to do
tomorrow.

>  char *CheckPkg		= NULL;
> +char *CheckFile         = NULL;

Please be carefull with spaces vs. tabs. Get an editor with space
highlighting and reviw all your patch.

> +/* comparison to see if two paths we're on matches the one we're looking for. */

Please break up long lines like the above to the several lines.

> +static int
> +cmp_path(const char *target, const char *current, const char *cwd) {

Please read style(9) for the conventions used in FreeBSD code.
Particularly, function should be in the form:

void
foo(int bar)
{
}

> +    strncpy(temp, cwd, cwd_len);
> +    strncat(temp, "/", 1);
> +    strncat(temp, current, current_len);

Use strlcpy(3) and sprlcat(3) instead of strncpy/strncat - the former
are considerably less error-prone.

> +    if (!strncmp(target, fixed_path, strlen(target)))
> +	rval = 1;
> +    else
> +	rval = 0;

Again, please make indentation consistent with the rest of code.

> +    FTS *ftsp;
> +    FTSENT *entp;

Please check if you can leverage yet-to-be added matchinstalled()
function (see my recent patches in the freebsd-ports list) to get names
of installed packages instead of rolling your own fts(3) loop.

> +	free(buf);
> +    } else
> +	res_file = file;

Identation, see above.

> -.Op Fl cdDfgGiIkLmopqrRsvx
> +.Op Fl cdDfgGiIkLmopqrRsvWx
>  .Op Fl e Ar package
>  .Op Fl l Ar prefix
>  .Op Fl t Ar template
> +.Op Fl W Ar filename

You don't have to manifest `W' twice. Please remove it from the
`cdDfgGiIkLmopqrRsvWx'.

-Maxim