Date:      Tue, 01 Oct 1996 09:15:40 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WARNING: botched ld.so commit! :-(

John Dyson wrote:

> > > It's been pointed out to me that I managed to royally screw up my commit
> > > to the rtld/ld.so code, in just about the worst possible way on the only
> > > file in the entire system that's vulnerable to this type of screwup.
> >

> > Damn, where is that pointy hat, damn who had it last ?? :) :)
> >
> Even I don't touch rtld :-).  Scary thought if I worked on it :-).

Just to reinforce that sentiment, I worked on rtld for a while, and it's
nerve-wracking!  It's like trying to replace a rope that you and the
rest of the world are hanging from.  (By the neck, if you screw up.)

I think we all know Peter well enough to forego giving him too much
flack over this.  (Same goes for John Dyson and the occasional
hiccups that come with the great things he's doing for us.)

John