Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:12:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba perf in the toilet with 4.0

I have reviewed the mail logs about this, and messing with patch-ah didn't
fix anything for me.

I just update my nicely working 3.4 box to 4.0-stable from a day ago.

Connected from win2000, and was moving some files, and it just seemed
slow.

So I look with netstat, and I'm getting less than 100k/second out of the
box.

With 3.4, I was getting 3-4MB/sec.

No errors, no collisions, 100mbit full duplex.

I tried the 2.0.7 prerelease of samba and it isn't running any better.

Not sure what's going on.  May have to drop back to 3.4 if this isn't
easily fixed.

Other than this issue, everything I've been using has worked fine.