Date:      03 Jul 1999 20:46:05 -0700
From:      Josh Howard <jrh@vicor-nb.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com 3CXM556 on 4.0-CURRENT

I recently purchased a 3com Meghaertz 56k "cellular" modem for use in
my Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT for the express use of getting it to work
in FreeBSD. I'm able to get the card probed, after a little goofing
around in Windows getting addresses set, but the fun stops there.
When probed, I get this:

sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio1: type 8250

It's relatively found. When I attempt to communicate with it (ala
cu(1)) the machine freezes up after cu reports it's Connected. This is
on FreeBSD 4.0 as of about June 30th. I assume this is some sort of a
strange lack of IRQ assignment to the card. Any ideas?
Thanks.

--
Josh Howard <jrh@vicor-nb.com>