Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:39:28 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Stefan Boy' <ohahx@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Hardware destroyed. Any clues ?

To my knowledge, a program cannot "destroy" a CPU.  I have never personally
heard of such a thing, and do not understand how this would be possible.

AND, if your processor is under warranty, and it is "damaged", they should
replace it, regardless of what operating system or software is installed on
the system.

That would be like a Harddrive company not replacing a bad harddrive because
you chose to install WordPerfect instead of MS Office on it!

-Chris

If I am wrong then hopefully someone else will correct me.