Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:42:02 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        "Eugene H. Brezin" <eugene@meridian.morning.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bugfix

Eugene H. Brezin wrote:

>Hello freebsd-questions,
>
>  What i must to do for install security update (or bug fix, or how it's
>  called? :) for my FreeBSD-3.5.1?
>  I have found at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/ few
>  files that must solve my problem, and get stuck at this point...

Instructions on how to install security patches can be found inside the
relevent security advisory, all of which can be found on
http://www.freebsd.org/security/

You need to determine which are relevent to your system and install them.

You may want to consider upgrading to a more recent version of FreeBSD,
then you can be sure you have the best functionality and bugfixes. The
best way to keep up-to-date with security bugfixes is to install the
most recent RELEASE and then keep up to date with the fixes submitted to
that release on the relevent development branch (this is named
RELENG_4_5 for FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE).

If you have any questions about this don't hesitate to e-mail me.

Andrew