Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 19:36:35 +0200
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org (freebsd-hackers)
Subject:   Re: Support for the Dell Docking station ethernet adpt??

On May 11, 19:08, Bob Willcox wrote:
} Hi all,
}
} I just got a Dell XPi-P120ST Notebook computer and their docking
} station (aka ``Advanced Port Replicator'') and was hoping FreeBSD
} has support for the Ethernet adapter in it.  The docs that came

Does this docking station offer PCI slots and built in devices ?
If this is the case, I might be able to help.

} with the docking station say that it has a SMC91C92 chipset.  Does
} anybody know if FreeBSD has a driver for this?  I have booted the
} 2.2-960501-SNAP floppy but it doesn't seem to find the adapter.
}
} Any help would be greatly appreicated (Please...I don't want to be
} left trapped in Windows!!)

Please send me (as always :) VERBOSE boot messages ...

I just bought a PCI NE2000 clone (against better knowledge :-)
in order to finally get some cheap PCI Ethernet cards fully
supported by PCI plug'n'play (including PCI shared interrupt
support), and your card might either be supported by the
patches I already worked out, or may be easy to add ...

Regards, STefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160