Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 09:23:52 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.1

: Also, as a point of fact, I thought the unzip we were using was just
: the uncompression part, not the unarchiving part.

Not quite true.  I thought the kernel had gunzip in it, which is
somewhat different than unzip proper...  The two are different enough
in how they compress/uncompress that one might be covered by the
Unisys or other patents, while the one in gunzip definitely doesn't
have that problem (as far as the gnu folks know).

Warner