Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:10:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
Cc:        security@internet.org.za, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Qpopper released to fix hole

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Johann Visagie wrote:

> ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper/qpopper2.5.tar.Z

I cvsupped ports and tried to make install qpopper2.5.  It cannot
find this distfile, which turns out to be in "oldeudora" rather
than "eudora".  It is also not on ftp.freebsd.org, at least not in
the directory where the port tries to find it.

Since this vulnerability was announced I have a bunch of messages
about people trying to use popper who don't have accounts on my
machine (I'm the only person who has an account).

Annelise

P.S. It installed, but the binary  /usr/local/libexec/popper is a
different size from the one in the src directory in /usr/ports.
I do find that a little odd.