Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:30:36 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
Cc:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

Mark Murray wrote:
> Marc van Kempen writes:
> > If you'd just say "Bill you're an **** for insulting me the way that
> > you do, but I have since researched the mailing list and commit logs
> > and acknowledge that you have made a big contribution to the whole java
> > porting process and more specifically to the hotspot port, and we would
> > have certainly consulted you had I known."
>
> Actually, he did.

No, he *did not*.  Not on the archived mails on his web page, and not
on these lists.  Point out one single quote where he acknowledges Bill
may have made a contribution to freebsd-java, or that he may have been
mistaken in ignoring him.

His latest long mail is an exercise in saying why it's ok to react as
he did, because he's never heard of Bill.  As others have pointed out,
if he'd bothered to hang around the freebsd-java list for a couple of
days, he'd have heard of Bill.

Absolutely the only "mea culpa" jdp issues for the whole episode is for
the title he used on his webpage.

I don't totally blame him for his initial reaction, since he's in a
volunteer position, he must have been freaked by Bill's mails, and
Bill is way too foul-mouthed for normal people.  But jdp is not close
to even acknowledging Bill's contribution, let alone that it was a
mistake not consulting him.

- Rahul