Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:32:21 -0600
From:      James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iīve bought FreeBSD 4.2 with 4 CD-Romsīs included.
>
> After installing FreeBSD and Apache successfully, I was looking round
> the CD-Roms for MySQL and PHP and Perl for I wanted to build a
> interactive wed-databank.
>
> Unfortunately I couldnīt find MySQL nor PHP neither Perl.
>
> First Question:
>
> Where could I grab the above mentioned software ?
>
> Second Question:
>
> I`ve got a book about MySQL with a CD-Rom inside. Is it also possible to
> install MySQL from another CD-ROM or does FreeBSD only accept the
> software that is packed on the 4 CD-ROMs ?
>
> Thanks for promptly answering
>
> Michael Meyer

In the first place please don't send formatted html mail to this
list since many people don't use newsreaders that support it and they
may not wish to decipher the gobbledy-gook that they see.

Secondly, use a subject in the subject header: I only read your message
as I was about to delete abunch of (no subject) posts.

Regarding your question, this is based on the 3.2 installation CD's
which should be similar. Software packages are located in "packages/"
on the first and third cd. The best way to install from the cd is to
use '/stand/sysinstall'. Put cd in the drive and go to post install
configuration and follow the menus for the software. If you don't find
what you're looking for, backout of sysinstal switch cd's, and try
again.