Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:05:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM failure report..   [And SPEAK UP NOW, DAMN IT!]

Good news from my testing: the newest driver is detecting all the drives I
have access to!  =)

Here are the drives that didn't work for me in 2.1 but are operational
now:

FX00IDE/B05  (a creative lab jobby, not sure who made it.)
ACER CD-787E/JAS/22N7

Both detected as a secondary unit on the primary channel, and as a primary
unit on the secondary channel.

I still have to test a Pioneer I  have at home, and another olderr
Creative Labs (a sony i think).

The throughput on the drives seems quite good, especially the Acer units.
Results like this make me happy!!

-Mark

P.S. I have a crapy 'Funai' CDROM that doesn't detect, but it's so shitty
I'm not at all surprised. The drivers from the manfacturer never work,
and I've never seen the thing in any other machines...

I'll keep looking for drives to test, and the initial results are
encouuraging!! Keep up the fantastic work Soren!

| Mark Mayo		  mark@quickweb.com       |
| RingZero Comp.  	  vinyl.quickweb.com/mark |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch