Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:51:19 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@beastie.mckusick.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, fs@FreeBSD.ORG, iedowse@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INVARIANTS-related fs panic on alpha

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:53:07PM -0800, Kirk McKusick wrote:
> I have tried running my test machine out of filesystem space
> (repeatedly) and have not been able to get this panic. I will
> keep running that test in the hopes that it will show up. In
> the meantime, if you can come up with an example that reliably
> triggers it, that would be most helpful.

Hmm.  The machines that have panicked are likely to have been under
extreme disk load at the time they ran out of space (e.g. extracting
several dozen large tarballs simultaneously) [1].  I'll have to see if
I can trigger this.

Kris

[1] Due to the stupidity of the bento package build scheduler and
various other contributing factors.

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--